Chinese Ministry of Education introduced “The Great Wall Fellowship Program” as a scholarship scheme for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to provide facilities to study and research in China. It sponsors students and scholars of different countries. The Chinese authorities or Ministry of education of China and UNESCO will select 75 deserving candidates.
This Scholarship will cover accommodations, tuition fees waiver and Health Insurance. UNESCO also provides the monthly pocket allowances and travel expenses on this scholarship. Most of the study programmes for scholars and students will be conducted in English.
Number of Awardees:
75 fellowships for advanced studies under the Great Wall Fellowship Program at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in China.
Language for the scholarship
- English proficiency is required for the scholarship.
- The candidates without Chinese proficiency are required for one academic year of Chinese language study for the china-taught study programme. They should get approval from CSC and UNESCO for studying or researching those courses.
Duration of the scholarship
- If the student of scholar plans to study advanced studies and undertake individual research with periodic guidance from the assigned supervisor in China for a duration of one year.
- Selected candidates for the scholarship will undergo their research and studies in particular universities in China as visiting scholars.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
The Great Wall fellowship Program will cover all the expenses of the student or scholar. Mostly they provide a full scholarship for:
- tuition waiver
- comprehensive medical insurance
- travel fare
- a monthly pocket allowance
- a termination allowance
- The Applicant need not be a Republic of China citizen to get the eligibility for the scholarship.
- This fellowship is for developing countries
- Candidates should be physically and mentally healthy.
- Applicant should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree or their equivalent from a recognized institute.
- Applicants’ age should be under 45 years and should have at least a high school diploma (or higher) for the general program.
- The candidates who are applying for the senior scholar programs must be a master’s degree or an associate professor and the age should be under 50.
The invited Member States
- AFRICA – 46 States
- ASIA AND THE PACIFIC – 38 States
- ARAB STATES – 13 States
- LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBEAN – 26 States
- EUROPE – 12 States
- To understand the procedures of application, Read carefully the Announcement letter for UNESCO/China Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2022-2023.
- Try to contact the UNESCO of (Candidates) your country to understand the application procedures of the scholarship. UNESCO official link is here: Click here.
- Applicants should contact their target Chinese universities so that they can attach their pre-admission letters by the time of submission of the application.
- Candidates need to create proper application documents either in English or Chinese.
- Then, submit that application to UNESCO of your country.
- If UNESCO nominates you as a candidate for this programme, then complete the online application and submit all the supporting documents here.
- At last, attach nomination letters and online Application Forms together with photocopies of valid ordinary passports and submit them to UNESCO.
After the submission of the application:
- submit application documents through the National Commission
- The National Commission will select qualified candidates and transmit to UNESCO the Letters of nomination and copies of China Scholarship Council online Application Forms together with photocopies of valid ordinary passports.
The official link is here for the scholarship: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unescopeoples-republic-of-china-the-great-wall-co-sponsored-fellowships-programme/